Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Why I love my Friends

The other day, I was talking with an acquaintance in class about our friends. I came to realize I had a lot of "friends". However, I also realized that my Best Friends were the ones you read about in Chicken Soup books. Here are 3 of my most recent stories on them (put in a series) - note: all of them are different friends and names have been taken out to preserve their humbleness. Plus, I didn't ask permission to mention them on the blog :).

If it looks like a thug, tries to talk like a thug, it's probably a nerd

Tonight, I had class. It was a night class from 7-9:40, at CVCC in a dark scary parking lot. The majority of people in my class honestly scare me a bit. They've never done anything to me, but their demeanor scares me. Long story short: They're thugs. Straight up, chains etc. thugs.

I am not.

Big surprise I know, so tonight when I went to class I decided to look more thug-ish. So I went to my J.Crew and Old Navy infested closet to look for thug clothes. I came out with: Dark jeans, black shirt, chain-like necklace (don't judge it was last season), and leather jacket. I was thug.

I pulled into the parking lot and parked by a chain link fence, sketchy at best. I then walked in with some of my classmates, I was on time so they weren't sketchy...that sketchy.

When I sat down I texted my dear friend (referred to as Friend #1 from henceforth) Here's the convo:

Me: Can I avert thugs by wearing a leather jacket and chain like jewelry?

Friend #1: Haha no they're still gonna mess with you

Me: Dang homie

Friend #1: Haha why are you trying to avoid thugs?

Me: My night class, I don't get out till like 10

Friend #1: Can you find someone to walk out with?

Me: Only if I sell my kidney... or liver

Then class started so I stopped texting to pay attention. When we reached break, before I checked my phone a thugish guy beside me saw my notes. He said "Hey girl, can I ask you a question?" I being my usual self said "Yeah ok" thinking it'd be inappropriate at best. He then responded, "How'd you get your notes to print out all neat like that? I mean you look like you know computers but is it easy?"

So much for me being thug. I then explain the process via MAC and PC. I'm a nerd.

When I checked my phone, I found this text:

Friend #1: You're parked under a light, you'll be fine.

Moral of the story?

A friend will tell you "you'll be fine" when you tell them you're parked in a sketchy parking lot. Best Friends will stalk out your car to tell you your fine, you're parked under a light.


No comments:

Post a Comment