Friday, November 20, 2009

Top 10 Favorite Things about Thanksgiving

I'll give you three guesses as to what this blog is about. 4th of July! EXACTLY!! No! If you guessed that you're wrong. So wrong in fact you need to stop reading my blog...now.

For those of you left: my select dear friends, randos on blogspot, and those who disregarded my instructions (I'll find you- mark my words) Yes, this is about my top 10 favorite Turkey Day traditions/food.

10. Butter.
It's in everything, and I love it. One day I hope to eat a fried stick of butter.



9. The awesome night's sleep you get after eating a turkey.
Not SOME turkey...A turkey...a full blown "gobble gobble" turkey.



8. No School.
Duh.



7. FOOTBALL!!!
Insert laugh here.



6. Stuffing.
It's basically really buttery bread you can put gravy on and put on top of turkey...or anything. Like a roll, only you can put more gravy on it.



5. Rolls.
Warm, buttery delicious, fluffy, buttery rolls...did I mention buttery?



4. Black Friday
Technically the day AFTER Thanksgiving, I don't usually go out on that day (usually sleeping off the 500 lbs I gained the day before) but I love sales, and just knowing there's one going on makes me happy. Ok, I'm not that much of a shopaholic, but sometimes the sales go longer than Friday (like SATURDAY).



3. Tukey.
It's Thanksgiving, nuff said.



2. Sweet Tea.
I'm addicted anyway, but it just tastes better at Thanksgiving. Maybe because everyone else makes it with like a pound of sugar! As much as I love my mommy, we both know I think she needs more sugar in her tea. =) (And before she rebuttles this: Yeah I know I'm not supposed to have too much sugar....haha. But that's what makes her a good madre)


1. GRAVY.
No, I'm NOT kidding. I LOVE gravy. I need turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing to go WITH my gravy. As I told one of my friends once, "If I could put gravy in an IV, I totally would do it."


Yes, I realized "Being with Family" isn't on the list. Why? They drive me crazy!! No, just kidding! Actual reason: Being with them is so great its off the charts. =)


So, in closing. Friends, family, randos, and mildy less smart people who didn't know what month we were in:

Happy Thanksgiving! I Love Y'all!

<3 Tiff

2 comments:

  1. I think that your "MOMMY" needs to add BUTTER to her Not so sweet tea, see how that works out for you and let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple things on that:
    1. Mommy should not be in quotes as she is actually my mommy

    2. Butter in sweet tea would do nothing to sweeten it and is disgusting. Though the sentiment is somewhat appreciated haha

    ReplyDelete