Friday, July 22, 2011

The Adventures of Supergirl

As if I didn't have enough series that I haven't written about in awhile let's add another shall we?


A few months ago, I purchased the best shirt ever. This shirt is epic for numerous reasons: it fits me perfectly, it's black and red which both look stunning on me, I had to get it a size SMALLER than usual, it sparkles, it's extremely comfortable, the list goes on and on. However, my favorite part is this: It's a Superman Shirt.


That's right, a Superman shirt. The best thing is, every time I wear it something happens. By "something" I mean an entertaining conversation of some kind. This is my documentation of those encounters, let's begin!

Adventures of Supergirl 1


A few weeks ago I went on a short road trip to Duke University to visit one of my dearest (and obviously intelligent) friends. I decided to dress comfortably since I was going to be driving for awhile and, just having gotten a speeding ticket the week before, I would be adding a lot of time to my travel.

I stopped at my usual place, a Mickey D's/ convenience store. I had gotten my tea and was browsing through the candy. While lost in thought over how one of the many downsides to being a sugar addict was the inability to choose candy quickly, a guy about my age bumped into me. Being a gentleman with an apparent sense of humor he responded with, "Oh sorry there Supergirl!"


I looked up to tell him it was fine, but to be more careful next time as bumping into superheros can be potentially dangerous, and at this point he actually saw what I looked like (before my hair had been blocking my face). I was temporarily speechless as I am whenever I make eye contact with a guy, at which point he said,


"Oh, I'm sorry you're definitely a Lois Lane."


What followed was a slightly awkward conversation as I'm a slightly awkward person by nature, but we both realized we shared a love of DC comics. A few minutes later we parted ways, he towards VA and I to NC, but not before he wished me a safe flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment