Sunday, January 17, 2010

Infomercials

Hello again my faithful blog followers!

Today's theme is infomercials (bet you didn't guess that one). I love infomercials!! I want basically all the items I see. However, after some late night t.v. watching, I have developed yet another Top Five list. For those of my dear friends reading this: Yes, I am serious and yes I really do want these and yes my birthday is March 26 :)



-5. The Perfect Brownie Pan


Yes, you read that right negative 5. I started this list with the idea in mind that all of these would be items I want. I worked on this list bizackwards (starting at 1, so technically forwards but bizackwards from the way you are currently reading it) and I felt that I must include this simply because this may be the one infomercial product I despise, loathe, and all together am just not fond of, with that in mind...

Why I do NOT want this item: I hate side brownies. Sick, gross, ewwy, chewy, yuck. I prefer the middle ones, and really who eats the edges?! (0:45 in video) I have NEVER seen that! NOBODY LIKES THE EDGES!! If you do, I'm not implying you're nobody, just disturbed and I can give you the number of some people who can help you with that :). The patent pending design isn't helping their case much either. The one thing I do like about this commercial is the brownie ideas- aka the banana split brownie I had never heard of or tried those before and oh goodness are they good!!

Things included besides the product:
-Stencils!! Wow...like I couldn't free hand a circle (fyi I can).
- Recipe Book

Things I do like: I like the integrity of this item...no cutting brownies. The less I'm around knives the better. I'm sure it'd great for rice krispy treats and that kind of thing....maybe even cake squares, but for heaven sake not brownies!!


5. One Touch Can Opener

Why I want this: Ok y'all I do realize I don't cook...at all. However, I still want it for those few times I do cook. I am not one of great strength, and I hate can openers after a (literally) scarring incident which involved a cheap can opener and my poor tiny hand. This item, however, eliminates any possibility of me being cut or otherwise scarred by said can opener and everything can be done with the push of a button!!

Things included besides the product: The Gripmate (included absolutely free) is also a plus, its a JAR opener!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen a can opener and a jar opener- not in one but close enough.

What I don't like: I haven't tried this out, so it might not work. Plus, this whole can opening thing could be avoided if I just didn't cook. :)

4. Big Top Cupcake

Why I want this: I LOVE cupcakes!! They are basically the only thing I can bake and not burn, undercook, or otherwise ruin the integrity and actual being of. (Yes I realized I just ended that sentence in a preposition, but I couldn't find a way to reword it...did I mention it's late?) Anyway, I know for a fact this product works as one of my sister's friends made her a birthday cake using this exact mold and it looked just like, if not better than, the pictures!! Woah, crazy I know!! It also has a MAGIC INSERT if you want to fill it with ice cream, pudding, another kind of cake, money, or illegal aliens (well it is 25 times bigger than a regular cupcake like I'm actually doing that math..). I think the best part about this item is the commercial, I'm not kidding. Now, it's no Billy Mays masterpiece (may he rest in peace) but it made me laugh. I have included the video above... now, fast forward to 0:50 and watch the kids in the background....

Yeah, you're laughing too, don't deny it.

Things included besides the product:
-Magic Center Insert (again for those fugitives you're harboring and just need a way to get them out of the house)
- Idea Book (They mentioned a clown cake...not sure how I feel if that's the best they can do)
-3D cookie cutters (a $20 value absolutely free!)

What I don't like: The cake pieces look weird, I know it's stupid but i mean the pieces are oddly shaped and HUGE!

3. Bottle Tops


Why I want this: I am forever running into the problem of de fizzed canned drinks. I like can drinks for 2 reasons: 1) They taste better no because they don't have a plastic-y taste and 2) They are the perfect size. This item is the perfect solution to my problem!! Plus, they won't spill in my immaculate car or at my desk at work.

Things included besides the product: As far as I can see, the only thing included is 12 of the item. When in the world will I need to simultaneously drink 12 canned drinks at once?

Things I don't like: I'm pretty sure it will leak...I'm a skeptic.


2. The Jupiter Jack

Why I want this: Many reasons, mostly because Billy Mays makes me believe I NEED this.
I talk on the phone and drive (bad I know....shame on me) and this solves my problems!! Yay!

Things included besides the product: Not one, but 2 Jupiter Jacks!! For my second car...
which I don't have.

What I don't like: Despite the credibility of Billy Mays, I'm not sure if this will work due to
my iPod FM converter thingamabobbit not working correctly!!



1. Roomba


Why I want this: It's a ROOMBA!! Don't tell me you don't want one too!! It'd be perfect for my room, since I hate cleaning and vacuuming. Plus, its a robot!! So not only does it suit my nerdiness, it must follow the 3 laws. It works, as I've seen, and I WANT IT.

Things included besides the product: Nothing, but why would I need 2 and what is cooler than this?

What I don't like: It's a little creepy, it knows too much and I can totally see it starting to clean just when I fall asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment